After as usual storming discussion-eh...debate actually-I stood firm on my decision than yesterday.
A 'hug' sent by my friend sitting miles away made me feel warm than the superficial "it is okay" , blunt remarks or "you invited this" pricking comment.
Naturally! How do you then expect me to feel 'at home' in here? Which for me no longer is 'home'...
When you distrust your own blood and then add, "I didn't mean that...",what kind of reaction do you expect from me? It is like seeing your reflection in the mirror but not believing it for you haven't seen yourself with your own eyes!
...and still you expect me to 'gel well' and behave as if nothing has happened!
"You are totally misunderstanding me. Don't overreact!",to which I couldn't help but shout,"What?? Come again!"
I really have no idea how many females are trapped between the cunning designs of people all over!
I wonder how many have last seen the sunrise or sunset and the crimson clouds standing under the vast expense of the sky and not from the two feet by two feet windows.How many have lived life with head held up high and no stigma clinging to their image? How many must have cried their heart out, spoke all what is hidden deep within their bosom, danced in the rain...??
I too couldn't believe that day what all he had in his mind! His words came out as venomous stings- pricking and hurting me hard.
People say that's the life of a woman. She is always somebody's scapegoat- brother's, father's and then her husband and in-laws'...
"What? Come again!" ,aren't we living in the 21st century? The so-called forward, educated and civilized people?
How long are those chauvinists going to enjoy the women as mere genie pigs?
Life is a celebration, a party, a journey worthwhile... but is it just for the Males?
In this male dominated society, why don;t they accept the place and role of a woman?
They need a goddess to worship, a mother to nurture, a lover and a wife for a progeny. But not a woman to 'live'.
What exactly is this????
I patiently heard all of it. Her outburst, her emotions filled to the brim . I just smiled vainly, got up and came back... not waiting to hear ,
"What? Come again!"...
As even I had no answer.

No comments:
Post a Comment