I looked at my reflection in the mirror... so pale, so dull... the dark rings under my eyes seemed to be engulfing me with each passing day, the lost twinkle in my eye reminded me of starless night sky- all cloudy and smoulthering.
Then I cupped my hands and threw a splash of water on my face... just to see if there is any change!
Then I did it again and again. Rubbed with face-wash or simply with soap, tried warm and cold water, patted dry and rubbed the skin dry... And again all I saw was the same pale face... gazing back at me.
I then switched on my snail-paced computer. Typed in all that flew at me at that instant. And then shut the thing down. After some timeless moments, new thoughts sprouted out again, and I ran to the computer. Sitting with my eyes glued to it's screen, I again punched hard onto the keyboard and typed a series of thoughts... This went on till my eyes and hands became tired. Finally I shut it down, covered it well, and started noting the thoughts mentally, gazing at the empty starless sky.
I opened my books- a feeble attempt to study- but my 'Id' overpowered my 'ego' and 'Superego' and I put them back. Then I thought of writing something ... this time adhering to academics. But as the pen and the paper sought a charming union, I went on scribbling, doodling and sketching...but no academic study! Then reluctantly I put down the pen and paper and went at the dressing to fresh up.
I saw the mirror there and the pale reflection, staring at me...
No comments:
Post a Comment