In a humble citadel as where I live, there are many local delicacies not to be found anywhere else...
My city is cool, serene and tidily set along the banks of 'Godavari', hence has a pleasant climate. And for the very reason, Nashik has put a sizzling delicacy for all alike...the 'Misal Pav!'
Ah! I so much relish its taste.... It's making my mouth water even as I am typing this ...**yummm**
The dish generally comprises of pulses steamed with a delicious combination of spices and a variety of garnishing as the sev, coriender leaves, finely cut onion, and few drops of fresh lemon juice to add the "aha!" taste to the dish...
Mmmmmmm...
The 'tarri' made up of spicy ingredients adds up to the marvelous taste of the cuisine.
And the next important part of the dish is the 'pav'. It is plain bread baked with golden perfection in a very peculiar way...
And the melting butter on its hard crust makes 'misal pav' even more tempting...
All I can say is, this dish is a "must eat" for everyone atleast once in their lifetime...
Full of energy rich contents and a perfect blend of junk and healthy food...:p
What made me write all this is the still lingering taste of this amazing dish even after I had it last week's morning...
(well, the dish is definately not a stinky one or does not leave the punget smells as after garlic eating! :D)
So, go.. give it a try!!

No comments:
Post a Comment