Saturday, March 6, 2010
A day without her...
Now I know, what does she go through...everyday!
This morning, she left for Velore and with my blown top, I left for the college.
As I returned, a battery of chores were standing ready at the doorstep, waiting to be tackled by me.
After strainious wiping and cleaning of the dining table, and shinig of utencils, I heaved a sigh of relief...well, it was just momentary.
I specially got irritated when I found myself trying to make both the ends of the chores to meet, my younger sister was happily stretched on the couch and rejoicing with the tunes of the din! I threw a taunt at her, but to my disappointment, she did not budge!
That thing drove me even more wild.
In the evening, the work demanded was shutting all windows and doors as it is the time when mosquitoes make an entry in the household and lavish on our disturbed sleep in the night. Also, bringing in the clothes dangling on the ropes since morning for sun bath, watering the kitchen garden, bringing milk from the milkmen... constitute the evening chores. I reluctantly paced to and fro in the house, trying to accomplish them as efficiently as possible... and was stopped in my tracks to see my dear sissy busy with her "self-praise" in front of the mirror!
As I commanded her to lend me a hand, she vainly glided past me and left with the open door...
Ah! That was too bad! I did not ever expect like this from anybody on the globe!
I felt a pinch in my heart. How does my mother tolerate such a behavior day in and out? Thankfully, I am not this least bothered. I am happy that I do not ignore whenever I see a person doing a lot many things and gladly extend my help.Thank God I am not so listless!
Then was a major encounter with my father...
One thing I do not appreciate about him is constant commanding. And today I faced...or rather felt it a way too much!
My grandparents too, seemed so cribbing and groaning about little things. Their list of unending demands and expectations made me wear out in a day itself!
I really cannot imagine how my mother manages to balance everything so perfectly .
I truly understand now what is A day in her life!
And I sincerely hope I am not being a cribbing machine and irritation initiator in her life...
Now just waiting for her to come back soon...
Love you dear Mamma... miss you so much( right at the first day of your absence)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment