Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nostalgia...

What really will it be like?
Just the thought of leaving this place pinched me inside. I love this place. The smell of the air, the sound of the breeze, the rustling of leaves , the lull on the streets, the ripples on Goda's surface...
All seem so near and dear to me.
I am sure going to miss this place. Not just that, but each moment i spent in here. 
I still have ample time though , to collect all i can from this place- The smell on the banks of the river, the hugs and kisses , the bosom friendship, the feeling of being known by everyone...
and lastly, The undying bond... between my pets and me.

***
Today I was riding on my bike, with the first monsoon drops crowding on my face...
And suddenly this place seemed as if crying on my send-off.
I too was pained such a couple of months ago when all my best Friends left one-by-one...
I recalled how I alone oneday went to 'our' usual hangout place and like summer's tempests cried all my heart out. I also ran back to the days when me and my friends would eat, chit-chat and also complete the never ending journals our college assigned.

The mysterious feel of strolling on the walls of the dam, rough driving on wet road, egg-curry in a small thatched hut... all fly at me at this parting of our ways. I wish i could freeze the time then and re-experience it again and again day in and out. Living at my own home itself makes me feel so homesick and constantly casts the shadow of the vacuum left by my closest ones.

I have got new co-mates, new circle of friends, new foes too! But now I realise why people say 'Old is Gold'. How long will one go in search of self??
My self has gone to places with my friends. I am so much not me.
The reflection I see in the mirror shows me an individual with pale eyes, anemic face, shrunken features and lost charm. The reflection seems so artificial, so plastic... it is hard to co-relate the one inside me and the one I see. The mirror nowadays seems to fake things and prick me constantly with the fact that I am alone...

No doubt, all are just a phonecall away, but somewhere down the line, distances matter.

I am sure gonna miss this place.
 Leaving this one will mean letting loose the digital contact with the world and you.
But thats what Life's all about- Toiling, Rejoicing, Sorrowing.

1 comment:

  1. Its similar to like what I had gone through when I went to Ukraine for my Futhur study...
    Its so near to my heart!

    ReplyDelete