I sometimes do ponder, why on earth are we born with these heavy to carry things inside the little brain thing?
We cry, laugh, and feel pain, amusement, wonderment, surprise... why?
Today, one of my relatives’ sad demise has snatched a dark veil of gloom and silence to our house though we aren’t really directly affected by the incident... well, I admit, we mentally are affected.
I guess this bonding, a sense of belonging; etc has been passed on to us by heredity. Since long, we have heard and read accounts of the dead people being ceremoniously buried or burnt and their belongings well preserved and maintained after some time. Why do we really do all this?
Is it just for assuring those sitting in the blue skies that we miss them or remember those at all good and bad times?
I guess it all goes a bit farther...
I deeply think that it is mainly because the departed have affected our lives in some or the other way. Either actively or passively.
The white pale flowers that we pay our homage through may also be the symbols of the white untouched part in us touched only by the departed...
I recall my endless crying when my beloved pet(s) passed away under the sheets of time...
I guess I wasn’t so sad due to their death, but I was just sad to learn that the one who let me pamper them and absorb my each act were gone...
The next I cried till my eyes were sore red and painful was when one of my beloved teachers passed suddenly in the pink of her health. Of all the English I know today, 75% is what she made me to express and she really made me realize the inner glow in me. My co students used to say that I have a flare for written English which I never really took seriously. But it was her who made me do what I had been already good at, but just... unaware!
She had once expressed her wish to read and absorb my poems, but sadly she took to the heavens before I found an opportunity to present my poems to the English Masterio...
Ah!
These things are pretty complicated at times when one thinks about them in the depths beyond ones intellect...
All I have to say through all this is we MUST learn to stand by ourselves and not the mere absence of someone cause us to succumb.
After all, the world tomorrow lies in the little spirits in all of us.
My teacher always believed in me and I have decided not to belittle her and to accomplish all what she had ever hoped for me.
I guess that’s the best homage I can ever pay...
No comments:
Post a Comment