Friday, March 4, 2011

The Gut.

The Gut.
Powerful indeed.
I think it is the most important organ which drives me in day to day warps of life. The 'gut feeling'! The gut knows before hand what is to follow... and many times, HOW. I had been getting negative signals about the stuff I was heading myself into. Maybe, not meeting people I desire, not accomplishing the assigned work for myself... and so forth. My gut was playing an active role in setting up my mood. I walked home...eh; ran actually... panting.With a storm inside me. Again the same age-old ranting, high pitched screams, a bit of debate... and pricking silence. Again strained movements and slammed doors of the respective rooms. A sick feeling besieged me. My 'gut' was screaming: nothing's alright.

My gut was right.
The night turned out to be the horrendous of all nights.
I was disowned by my own people.


Some think this to be an exaggeration when I tried to 'open up'. And that hurt me even more. My gut was right again. Hell!
I sulked, stayed in the upset mood... cried till my eyes seemed red and swollen. But things did not change. The gut had already told me that.
I tried to set up a dailogue. But it did not go beyond some pointed sentences and conclusive statements. I had finally showed the white kerchief I held.

My gut was with me when I left from there.
Falsely telling me tales of fairyland. Being 'optimistic' where it was futile now.
I was so irritated that I did not want to listen to my gut. But it kept on telling me things... my GUT!
I had no guts to shut it, though. Because that was the only voice which had accompanied me into the dark night full of chill.

My cell showed me 13 missed calls after I sent a brief text.
It was my very own person. My dad.
I did not believe my gut. I denied that my text would have any effect...
Still my eyes pained endlessly and feet ached badly. Still I was hurt to the very core. Because I did not want to bargain for a very important element in my life- my pet Osiris.

I came home. still red with the pain all over and inside.
My gut was silent now. Still having bouts of positivity. I had no guts to talk.

The 'gutsy female' had finally fell painfully silent.
And my gut too.

Both, hoping for the best. And needless to say, I believed my gut. 
For the good.




No comments:

Post a Comment