Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Drinking down with coffee

I wonder what kind of rejuvenatory powers the bean has! The coffee bean I mean.


I was reading the newspaper.Headlines of havoc in Libya, murder of Pakistani minister by his people (hmmm... trying, not to make it sound too pointed), the 'awe'ful postulates of the Union of India Budget 2011, the refreshing lines saying 'Indian victory over XYZ team in Cricket World Cup'..., fire in 'Garibnagar', Aruna Shanbaug's story and her well-wishers' plea for Mercy killing...was all what was crowding pages after pages at least for past week. A variety of emotions attached with each story, each news item. Making me sad or jump with joy as I read it as if a part of the story, presenting myself the way I take things... At the end of it, I was reduced to a mere tired girl who had sank in her chair and felt no energy running through her veins. I needed a hot mug of coffee! My dose of energy.


I watched a serious film yesterday. And I was so saddened that listening to merry songs, painting, and all the activities which bring me joy and peace ; failed to do so. I was sitting in my chair. With a blue face on my mind's eye. I needed a coffee mug again.
I brewed the coffee freshly and the strong mug of coffee without milk did its miracle.


It was my pet's operation that day. I was tensed and nervous. The ill feeling of stitches, anesthesia, saline and all made me feel even more sick. I saw him being taken into the operation theater on the stretcher. I had a lump in my throat and my stomach as well... I sat outside with sweaty hands rubbing onto each other, nervous lips pursing and my tongue licking them to keep them moist, I biting my nails after some intervals, shaky feet unable to be in place... Finally, I gulped down a desperate mug of coffee and the 'okay' feeling came to me. 


I sat and wondered. What really is my thing with coffee?!
Addiction? Yes.
Dependence? Yes.
Habit? Most definitely.


I can drink down almost every fear, every sadness, every ill feeling with a mug of coffee...at least for the time being. Not very happy thing, I know... But I think everyone needs something as this to come out of the negative feelings atleast temporarily. This is not the ultimate solution; true. But just a step to clear the mind and to think and analyse.
The smell of the coffee beans also makes me very positive and I start sounding 'sane'...(Right, I do not have my mug of coffee with me as I type all this) 
For some people, the positivity comes with some totems, some objects... or even alcohol(?). As for me, it is coffee!


So, in for a mug of coffee?

2 comments:

  1. Coffeee....!! <3 (though i am linkin very badly..Bt apni Savera coffee nd Yur Coffee mate is missin yuh buddy!! ) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, i was wondering: how it would be like sharing a cup of coffee with you?

    Interesting. I'm going to write you a mail later.

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete