Friday, June 28, 2013

The Mystery people

Sheesh! It happened again!
I was on Facebook after a  long time, and was going through the notifications etc. A certain fellow seemed to like many of my pictures and had put in his comments on many posts... I was wondering who is that? The name did not ring any bells...
I was too occupied a few days ago to find out who he is. Finally today, I went over to his profile and scanned through his pictures. And Voila! I was laughing at myself when I saw his picture...(yes, he has far too less pictures of his, so I took a while). That was my distant cousin! And I would call him 'Maanu'; so his real name had completely been forgotten! And at family get-to-gethers, his pet name would be the hot favourite...or rather the most favoured one anyway...
I slapped my forehead I hovered my cursor over his smug-faced picture. I wrote a tiny mail showing my stupidity... and he replies back : "haha nor did I know you have as heavy a name as some godess'. I know you as 'chimni'(sparrow)"...

An year ago, I have been to his brothers house for vacation. He was recently married then to Devika. And one of my cousin's cousin was named Devaki. Now, Devaki and I had met quite a lot of times and had talked a great deal, partied a bit too. So, I was glad that my host has married Devaki and that I will be having a great vacation. Before I actually started travelling, we had a brief correspondence on Facebook-Devika and I;- whilst I was completely under the notion that she was Devaki( people have a funny habit of putting filmstars' pictures as their display picture). So, assured, I landed in Singapore. Devika was to come and pick me up. I was waiting in the waiting are staring at a woman frantically waving at me, and I looking through her. I conveniently though she is here to pick somebody else up and not me... I was waiting for Devaki! Finally, I rose from my seat and I started walking...she came to me and hugged me saying 'Welcome home!'. I gave her a puzzled expression... And it was only after introductions that I realized what a silly notion I had... So, my host had married Devika- and not Devaki- who was very warm and nice.
Later we discovered that we had some common friends in the city we lived in, and that we had once met fleetingly at a friend's place...
uff!

Maanu, I bet was rolling on floor laughing hearing this story. His brother on the other hand, was a calm and composed man of a unique stature, who just patted my head saying- 'things happen. But that's the fun of it.'
Maanu's picture as a kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment