Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bonding again?!



I don’t really know where to start from.
 Nostalgia has been just running at me lately. Where ever I go. Specially after I came home after a long time and let myself sit back and see the reel of past moments as if being replayed again.
 I have this fulfilling feeling now. As if I patched up with someone I was dying to get together with again.
I know, I am still miles apart from the group of school friends I am talking about; but somehow this particular state is relaxing.
I had this friend. A very nice one. And frankly, I cannot think of my school life with out her. We have done all sorts of things right from composing poems together to pulling each others’ hair. When she moved to a different city, I would still call her and we would laugh about things. A couple of years ago however, things had changed. Gradually I believe, but were with a tang of unpleasantness. I was in the same city as hers; but we had some kind of unexpressed hostility developing. Specially for the reasons we had long debated about. I was always a little tangent when it came to relationships and ‘chilling-out’ in group. So, the distances invariably evolved and we were drifting apart. So much so that did not know ever the very important things in her life which were known to others. It bothered me initially, but I got used to it and became absorbed with my life and work.
Now it so happened that day, that she came to me and we had a little chat. After a few days, she said she is with someone, and someone she likes a lot and would want to do something about it in future. Yes, I know I sound too vague right now; but I want to dispense with the details as of now; for I am planning to ‘talk-out’ about it sometime soon at ease… So yes, coming back to my friend- she I knew, was dating someone who I knew. I was happy about it. The boy was good for her I thought.Things had gone a bit astray prior to the 'confrontations', but I flinch from mentioning it all here...
And after this little rendezvous, we actually started ‘talking’. Now we have put ourselves in the ‘fitness-regime’ together and spend at least two odd hours daily playing, working out and chit-chatting. I am content.
I know the underlying fabric which has led to this gelling up; but I am not really bothered about the circumstances which have got us back to our friendship again; but this process of being in the ‘bond’ of friendship is pleasing. Something like reliving the old days…
I know, we are just talking and the bond is still superficial; but I do not want to pursue it further anyway. I feel, this inch of distance is necessary. We have already moved on quite a bit.
My friend with a pet cat... one of the few pictures that I have of her...

1 comment:

  1. You could try telling her all that..maybe she will have something to say that you never expected. You never know, people surprise you sometimes.

    ReplyDelete