Sunday, June 23, 2013

The new 'crush'



Another e-mail in my inbox! I was overjoyed.
This had been my habit now for a few days atleast….eh, since I got back from Allahabad. It's David’s mail again. And I knew it beforehand.  It was always a pleasure to read the words he typed with such ease and creativity as if he was born to write!
Every time I open his mail, I am reminded of the small world we live in. We have lived some part of our lives in the same city, got introduced in a totally different city; and are now pursuing education in all the more different cities and states! But, there was something that ‘clicked’. I remember the Ganga ghat- Sangam- at Allahabad and the boat-ride where we were rowing and David sucked at it!

His mails are like refreshments for me. He talks about his life, his experiences, his plans and leaves a treasure trove of mysteries to be explored- it could be as small as finding the cheapest beer shack in Margao. The best thing about his mails is that it seems he is sitting right in front of me and narrating all what he has to say.
Our telephone conversations are entertaining too. We start off with something as serious as the ‘importance of publishing research articles in academia’ to what crazy things we did when we were sixteen! Peter,Paul and Mary’s song ‘Monday Morning’ then becomes the paradigm of the age sixteen… Well, David sleeps with the song, but I like it!

And the excitement that fills me right now... is that of seeing him tonight...
A drink that he owes me! So I hope to get a peek again into him and get something to write more about... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment