Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In and out of love

I was at Gujarat, letting the colors of the Gujarathi sun spill over me as it peeped through the cloudy sky.
The guy was with me-David!
I thought I was in a  state of  limbo all those three days I was there.
It was not just the magnificent skyline skirted by the minarets of Champaner, but it was also the growing feeling so alien to me. As if I was in love all over again.
A strange feeling would besiege me as I would plod alongside the guy in the drenched streets of Khambat and Champaner which were full of puddles and the gay sun shone in them.
I could see my heart in my throat as I tried to speak to him, or the chill through my hand as I touched his.
We went to Khambat for the bead making industry. 
The colors, shapes and sizes of the beads mesmerized me, but not as much as the color of his eyes. I would see the moss agate bowls-his favourite- and would marvel not at the miracle of nature, but at how he admires it.
In the bus travel back to Baroda, the guy gentle touched me. It was a feeling of pure bliss. I admit, I was behaving like a teenager; but I wanted that feeling to linger and stretch on and on.
As I started to leave for good, and when we came face to face with the fact that we would not be meeting soon, we but could not help melt in a warm hug under the chill of the night air.
I still recall the warm feeling and the pain I felt as I left.
The train which took me back home was like a vehicle of sadism, as it mocked at me when I looked out of the window constantly to get one last glimpse of the guy.
The journey back was long and strenuous.Specially when my heart was breaking off and flying back to Gujarat.

My kaddy meanwhile was sitting at home, waiting for me to return with the approaching grey clouds. He says I am like rain. Refreshing the parched minds (an exaggeration  I admit; but it's ok to be flattered once in a while).

The monsoon is still not over. But I, like rain, haven't showed up at my kaddy's door. He, still waits.
And I still wonder- or wander.

The minaret at Champaner

Unfinished beads at Khambat

The moss-agate bowls which he admires

The beautiful beads, but they don't match his vibrancy
David :)


1 comment:

  1. nice fill so happy to read it...
    I want to advice you that you have to visit place around narmada rive... that fills you spiritual world and nature over there also.....
    thanks

    ReplyDelete