Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time of my own

And the long awaited journey to Leh started...
In a car. A long road trip. Adventurous and exciting.

I kept looking at myself in the rear view mirror as I enjoyed the breeze on my face while the car sped on the black tar road. It was an unusual time to be with myself. In the car, in a trance.
I had grown to be a harsh critic of myself recently. And all showed on my face. I hadn't been paying attention to myself. My face was looking pale, as a beautician would quote it. Although not picture perfect, it was a face which everyone would like to look at over and over. It was because of the inner satisfaction. The inner happiness which shone on my face.
Everything had fallen in its rightful place.
My love of life, my love for life, my love for myself...And me.
The darkness too seemed to converse. Afterall, we all come from the darkness...into the bright light!
Leh and the road trip was to give me what I was missing. The solace and a long break from the material crowd of people and things. What was waiting for me was something divine. Pristine.

No comments:

Post a Comment