Every city has a personality.
And I believe, it comes with time and stays endlessly. Like in Indore, one can still feel the charm of Ahilyabai's governance and her treating the kingdom with parental care...
My city too is now having its share in shaping me. The colours of the city's personality are slowly but surely colouring me too.
I'm getting aware. Of myself and the scheme of things around me. I'm getting aware that there is a world outside my own. To explore and to enjoy.
Drowning in the depths of this city life, I feel, a woman within me is waking.
I read Buddha, Zendavesta, Quraan and Gita. Got myself acquainted with Mahavira and the doctrines of Jainism. Bible engrossed me with its scheme. But my heart found no solace. Which I found by looking at the bustling streets, the hues of the city.
Looking at the street poor, the people hammered with injustice day after day, an ill feeling ran inside me. Even this is the face of the 'city'.
The city gives a lot. And take back a lot too. In various forms indeed indeed. It gives you a polish, a sophisticated way of life, taste for elegancy, a chance to set high standards for yourself(and also to get high :P) ...it also gives you pain, broken hearts and discouraging words as well. It takes back from you your efforts, your energy, your worth of toiling, your sweating efforts to perform and achieve. And your struggle to 'be'
The city brings the 'Karma' into action. Takes you to the top or throws you down as trash. In the crowd of people, you and your battling karma... Your sustaining soul, your craving for a place, a face in the mass of entity called 'people'.
The city presents a perplexing jigsaw every time you decide to tackle it the way a ringmaster deals with the lion...!
'Hurting yourself is easy, but giving yourself a hand to stand up again is tough; choosing between 'right' and 'wrong' is easy, but accepting the 'wrong' with you is tough. dreaming 'what will you be' or thinking back 'what were you' is easy, but 'accepting' what you are NOW is tough. Loosing everything and starting a new story is life maybe; but loosing yourself is the end.
And the city teaches you all.
Partying, parting... everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment