Friday, October 22, 2010

The value of 'being'

Suddenly I've become much of an 'unhappy' writer.
I've seen marked difference of impulsivity, joyousness and vibrancy in my writing. Do places do this to you?
Since I am done with my 'Parikrama', a remote sense of growing out of my shoe seiges me. My eyes show deeper depths, words come frugally, hands manoever things real well.
But linked to all this is a sense of remoteness from myself...
Which I am firmly against. I am uncomfortable living in these walls!


And then the value of 'being' comes into play.

Suf doesn't like to celebrate his birthdays. On asking why he dryly replied,"What is there to celebrate? You are so you are.! That's it. Why do we need to waste money on some stupid stuff like that!"
I went into my thoughts again. Deep down.

I was rather taken aback to learn that people take themselves for granted. Everytime.
I feel celebrating a birthday is just symbolic. I do not mean throwing huge party and spending thousands... but all I mean is to celebrate the 'existence', the 'being'.

We do not just exist, but we live- as ideas, as people, as the tiny pieces of jigsaw... completing the whole colourful picture called life.
I became so grave specially because of the instances of ruthless throttle of innumerable innocents all over. And then I feel so fortunate to be living in a secure cacoon, enjoying every season of being alive, lively...!

The value of being is really great. Specially when there is somebody who loves you insanely, who is with you through all thick and the thin, someone who waits for you when are late... And suddenly that somebody leaves like a nightmare. Never to return...
Then you know the value of 'being'.

Because then you are left alone. And have to hunt your new definition of "being".

No comments:

Post a Comment