I felt all the energy in me draining away. I was suddenly feeling as if all my day had been a waste...
I was sitting in the patio; all dressed up and ready to go, but my mind was now draining as if something really terrible had happened.
I had invested(I don't want to use the word 'wasted') the whole day looking forward for the evening with my special friend. I had replayed the scenes of how I will say certain things when we meet, what all I'll tell him which I had kept in store...how I would show him my paintings I would be carrying for him... and so on. I was feeling as if I hadn't seen him for ages.
Meeting today was his venture and so I was perfectly sure of having great time together once again. It has always been more than a pleasure to see old friends, specially the ones who are very near and dear.
I had looked up to this meeting as something really important for me. I assume, even he had too. Or atleast, I'd like to believe that.
(Sometimes you can't really imagine someone being notorious under any given circumstances...can you? And when it came to this friend, I've always been a little more favourable to him...)
As I prepared to leave, I just thought of calling him and letting him know that I am heading to his house.
But the seriousness in his tone in the fact that he was tied up pinched me. He asked me to meet late in the evening. I complied initially.
But on second thought, I felt so sad, and all my efforts going waste; that I couldn't think clearly. I just felt it would be pointless to just see his face and come back.
I was telling myself repeatedly, it's not as BAD as I make it look.
people tend to be busy, etc.
But my mind was at unrest beyond measure.
I just cancelled everything for the evening and sat down to repair my mood (Yes, it is a whole lengthy ritual these days).
But still the motionless air clung to me. And I still sat motionless and drained watching through the sky overhead...Still thoughts of the day being waste circled around me.
And I just looked at the minute hand in my watch as it ticked away...
Drained and waste.
I was sitting in the patio; all dressed up and ready to go, but my mind was now draining as if something really terrible had happened.
I had invested(I don't want to use the word 'wasted') the whole day looking forward for the evening with my special friend. I had replayed the scenes of how I will say certain things when we meet, what all I'll tell him which I had kept in store...how I would show him my paintings I would be carrying for him... and so on. I was feeling as if I hadn't seen him for ages.
Meeting today was his venture and so I was perfectly sure of having great time together once again. It has always been more than a pleasure to see old friends, specially the ones who are very near and dear.
I had looked up to this meeting as something really important for me. I assume, even he had too. Or atleast, I'd like to believe that.
(Sometimes you can't really imagine someone being notorious under any given circumstances...can you? And when it came to this friend, I've always been a little more favourable to him...)
As I prepared to leave, I just thought of calling him and letting him know that I am heading to his house.
But the seriousness in his tone in the fact that he was tied up pinched me. He asked me to meet late in the evening. I complied initially.
But on second thought, I felt so sad, and all my efforts going waste; that I couldn't think clearly. I just felt it would be pointless to just see his face and come back.
I was telling myself repeatedly, it's not as BAD as I make it look.
people tend to be busy, etc.
But my mind was at unrest beyond measure.
I just cancelled everything for the evening and sat down to repair my mood (Yes, it is a whole lengthy ritual these days).
But still the motionless air clung to me. And I still sat motionless and drained watching through the sky overhead...Still thoughts of the day being waste circled around me.
And I just looked at the minute hand in my watch as it ticked away...
Drained and waste.

No comments:
Post a Comment