Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Vow (?)

I again stumbled with words.
Putting them together to make sense.
To knit phrases and ideas
At least to present a dainty patch work.

I could not frame my sentences.
Nor could I come out clear.
A lump in my throat accumulated
Out of a feeling I never endear!

I had never faced this.
Submitting to someone, something.
‘Opening up’ this way
And awkwardly expressing the ‘liking’.

The devil in me could paint an angel.
While the angel could bring out the devil.
And about what I was most concerned
Were my words – shouldn’t stand as a peril

Beating round the bush
Bosom full of thoughts
I murmured hollow words
But suddenly, I stopped!

Looking deep in the eye
With bravery I had just amassed,
I whispered, “Dear me
It’s late. I must flee now.”

Picking the folds of my gown
And speeding heaven knows where
I succumbed to my mind
Saying, “Another heart- You Dare!”

My intellect was playing tricks on me
Letting me fall and now helping me stand
First instigating to talk my heart
And now ceasing my words, and returning with empty hands.

But my mind was right.
I had no right to hurt another heart.
To shower care
And then, to part.

It always happens
I fall prey to my infatuation
Mistake it to be love,
And then watch it land into destruction.

But now I have overcome this.
Grown out of this shit.
And vow never to fall prey
Not to ruin lives. Just to walk my own way.

5 comments:

  1. Girl!
    You have grown!
    Your blog has also changed... prettier! <3

    I loved your posts.
    Sorry, I had been away too much... :)

    And have you quit social networking completely?
    I'm missing your tweets, your wall posts... on the whole, missing you.

    I would comment on each of your post when i get sufficient time. ;)
    Love you loads!
    Keep writing...

    P.S: Do show all this to your mamma. She would love that1 Take my word!
    Take care darl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, who's this lucky guy?
    Your college mate uh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Take care you too!
    C ya soon...
    keep dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why take is so hard. Its not the only one to blame. Sure it does hurt when a parting happens, but then its on both the sides. The expressions were perfect, the feelings were flowing through it. I liked it

    ReplyDelete
  5. @AS: Thank you!
    :)
    Sometimes it so happens, that in the momentum of the emotions, you tend to behave or decide irrationally...
    Maybe this was something like that...

    ReplyDelete