It was my birthday. Well, still a teen; so naturally had great enthusiasm and somehow knew that a surprise birthday party was coming my way.
And I, being a party animal, loath on parties and celebrations.
My friends (as expected :p) gave me a huge surprise birthday treat! After a hectic day of a language workshop, it was much needed indeed…
I was honoured to have them as my friends :D
I sat thinking on my cozy bed in the night. The stars peeped in from the window… maybe illuminating my way to my thoughts.
What gift do I ‘gift’ myself? Afterall, I was honoured to have me as well! The self in me has stood by me always. What would be the excellent gift then?
We gifted a college friend some stationery; he being a book lover, etc. It was a novel and useful gift. But I would not want myself to gift just that. I wanted to make my gift for myself real special…
I recalled what all do I like…
And penned down a list.
1. Dancing in the rain
2. Watching the sunset and the sunrise
3. Walking on the wet beach in the evening
4. Sitting by the river with my legs immersed in the coolness of hers
5. Watching the sky welcoming the stars and changing colours
6. Watching the rain fall on the window pane ; sipping a hot mug of coffee
7. Staying cuddled up in my bed with my pet by my side on a cool morning
8. Collecting the hailstones in cupped hands and trying to eat them all… making paper boats to sail in the muddy waters
9. Making paper planes and flying them in class
10. Doodling and scribbling and being impressed with the image they form at the end…
I somehow wasn’t very convinced. These are all what I like. And I reward myself frequently by doing all this. But this time, I wanted to gift myself something more.
The sun brought a new morning which gave me all I wanted. I had treated myself with a good sleep and my gift was also ready.
A clear conscience.
Of the eternal pleasures, this one is what according to me is the best.
I usually grade myself as to have done well in the prior day if I get peaceful sleep and clean morning chores :p
And clear conscience is what one has to gift oneself. For a quality living.
I don’t want to enjoy life with pricks of doing ‘wrong’ to others. Forgiving, forgetting and healthy living is what counts. No grudges, no regrets. Just pure living.
That is the ultimate gift for me.
Which will be with me till the end.
Afterall, life is but an affair to be loved and lived… with small gifts as these to explore, discover and enjoy!

LOved itt..!!! <3
ReplyDeleteJeez! How come I never read this!!!
ReplyDeleteThis one's amazing....!!!
Girl, you really have something!