After so many days of waiting, finally I got to see and explore the archeological treasures I was planning to visit. And with Kash! :D
The treasures in the green hills felt as if they are calling people. Not just to visit them, but to understand how deep does the 'civilization' runs.
The rocky terrian and the caves cut in them stand since 2nd century, battling the winds and rains and then the neglect for their conservation.
And somehow I was not myself this time.
I was moving away from my usual conduct.All I did at the visit was chit-chat, enjoy the scenic beauty, the bounty of nature, a casual stroll through the old caves of Karla and Bhaje... and back!
I did not feel the usual belonging and a sense of duty to work on the site.
Maybe, I am being a 'stone' wandering in the rocks.
I hope I overcome this soon and go beyond just appreciation...


No comments:
Post a Comment