Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Wall

I grew up iconising the cricketer Rahul Dravid. And was really quite curious to learn why is he said to be the 'Wall'. And when I learnt that his patient play, steady game had won him this nickname; I was indeed fascinated b y the 'wall'. Oh yes!

And as we have many childhood fancies, I made a friend for myself. A pink 'wall'.
And crazy it may sound, but I litrally used to converse with the brick structure as my bosom friend. Telling the wall what all I had in the day, who said what to whom and so on... In my pangs of rage and anger, my mom used to make me stand near the wall and shout at it. Or even to bang on it. After some banging I learnt, it wasn't really worth it as my palms would get red and hurt me instead. But the 'wall' slowly developed 'anger management' in me.
When our house was painted, I asked my dad to get the wall painted yellow(though it did not go with the scheme of the room), as yellow had become my favourite colour then! And the yellow wall used to converse with me all the brighter shades of life. Maybe the colour was also playing on me...

Even today, when I allow to sit myself in the empty peopleless rooms and houses, I converse with the wall. The shades, the colours, the struture of the 'Wall' has changed extensively, but somehow the special place in my heart remains the same.
Oh! I am not a psychopath indeed.
It is just the childhood craziness carried a bit longer.
But as long as it is acting like a dairy for an introvert like me, I really don't mind what people think.
Because sometime in life, you need just listeners. Who aren't your 'best friends', who don't give you suggestions, who don't correct you while you talk, who don't get cross even if you don't share something. And I really found that 'mute' listener in my 'Wall'.
She doesn't speak. Neither she has distinguishable features, nor a form. She just listens to me and lets my words dissolve into the thin air.
And the best part is, no prying eyes can get me(as it happens sometimes when you write a dairy ;) )!

No comments:

Post a Comment