Friday, August 27, 2010

Circling the encircling circles...

"Let us draw a circle. C-I-R-C-L-E! Circle.Round and round... circle!", I was trying my level best to get through the concept with ease.

But my little angels were reasoning, deciphering and contemplating on the encircling circles life had set in their front.
My heart was again pained.
I could see the twinkling circular pupils staring at me...through their deep black depths. But could not comprehend 'circle'.

A ball would just mean "ba..h" and could not associate with 'circle' or a 'sphere'. The bangle would just be associated with "Mamma wear. Wear mamma!" and the frizbee would draw just one reply,"faik! (throw)... tommy... fesh! (fetch)"
But I was enjoying. The two way learning.
I drew numerous circles holding their hands into mine. The doodling fun was immense! And when I would ask them to redraw the circle without my help, I was rewarded with 'standing' and 'sleeping' lines... accompanied by a running commentary,"up...down. Down...up!" Because that is what all the tiny tots had learnt in their last few rigorous sessions. 

Few hours enjoying in this give and take is not a big deal. Today I did not accomplish much on the lines of teaching curriculum; except the innocent faces with a circular(zero) expression. But I have nothing to loose, and neither do they have.
We are all growing. They, getting materially 'sane' and I, getting 'in' the sane...

2 comments:

  1. You are blessed!
    That is it!
    :)
    Getting to experience so many things & still being so sensitive is a gift of god!
    Most of the times, people get used to it to such an extent that they can no more feel anything! But in your case, fortunately, the more you see, the more you grow as a human!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete