Friday, September 3, 2010

When it all makes sense...

My teen age again takes a toll on me...
The crazy feeling of feeling close to somebody who really isn't, waiting for some crazy guy to accompany you to the gate... etc etc...
Again a crazy day... Eager eyes waiting for Kash to join the discussion midway with his 'bang' entry...and to occupy the desk kept vacant especially for him. Then to indulge in the casual reasoning, punching and poking... glaring, snarling...

And then waiting helplessly at the end of the stairs to walk with him into the huge stone cold corridors.

Well, this isn't new at all.
Waiting eagerly for texts, phone calls, mails overseas... Eager searching eyes for a wanted glance. A handshake, a 'looking nice today' compliment, notes between pages of the books (actually meant for serious study), a 'May I drop you somewhere?' question... Ah! All is so 'teeny' affair!
And yes, I have enjoyed it to quite a proportion.
Filling pages after pages in the diary dedicated to 'him', blushing when friends tease... all are but the fragments of the pink teen world.

That day too, I was overshadowed by my tantrumy teens. I waited till 3 am in the night...midnight actually, for just a text. Then a phone call. Late into the morning. With my sleep deprived eyes I walked as a somnambulist into the high walled rooms... highly disoriented. And a day wasted.
Some other day, I went to a same shop at least twenty times just to get a 'glimpse'. But he did not turn up. And later I learnt he had already gone to Mumbai! Amazing...and amusing! hah!

My teenage crazyness extended far and beyond this and involved a list of even more silly things...
Plucking blades of grass reading books sitting on lush green lawn, walking in the direction of junk but tasty and irresistable food, dancing as if the clouds have burst on equally bursting loud music(and then hating it later),  calling bosom friends in the middle of the night just to say "Hi", late night Maggie and coffee, long lingering talks on the cold terrace, sneaking out even in daytime! :p, fighting with people with no reason., hating parents and elders, loving being alone at one instant and being gregairious at the other...

But somehow, then I just grew out of it...
Maybe because now I have bought new shoes of "responsible adulthood" for me.

But no matter how things were and are, it all made and makes perfect sense at that respective stage.
Yo Teenage!
And even today, I am a child, silly, funloving and making sense out of all!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my dear and charming friend!

    You said: "Maybe because now I have bought new shoes of "responsible adulthood" for me."

    And i say: take those adulthood shoes and throw 'em in the garbage can. You are mature enough at this point of your life exactly as you are: you are a delightful wise girl.

    I hope to read you soon. See you.

    ReplyDelete