![]() |
| A moment in my winter strolls - empty streets and pleasant chill... |
![]() |
| A stroll in winter storm - to help subside storms within... |
So are my strolls. A solitary venture. In tactile world, with tacit implications.
Collecting pebbles, owl figurines and leaves and twigs is a part of that. Feeling the crisp air, and warming random benches by spending hours on it reading short stories and poems is also a part of it. I don't have to be in Hyde Park, or Green park or Shenley Drive. I can very well do that near Victoria Stampede grounds, Eu Claire avenue or even at Leopold's. The 'noise' around becomes music, and then a faint, diminishing murmur as I begin to hear myself clearly. I get engrossed in the self-dialogue to an extent to which places seem sublime.
However, sometimes there is another edge to my casual solitary strolls. Where the places speak out loud. Where the walls of old buildings break into the act from history of the place or where the crossroads appear as a confluence of ideas rather than two tar or cement paths. I get transported to the pages from history or get pulled in the vortex of imagination of how 'it would be if...'. And I imagine myself at that place,several decades later, with greying hair - with this moment as reminiscent.
I do not travel or stroll to show my steps in photography. Because these strolls are moments opf collecting myself, rather than of documenting the world around. Indeed, the world is worth documenting, and every instance of changing seasons worth remembering... but it is just not my en devour.
How is it that I am to explain all this to someone who asks me why I prefer to travel alone... or to take walks alone?
I am but a dreamer.
Yes, a day-dreamer may be.


No comments:
Post a Comment