Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Social Conformation

Since i moved into a new city for further education, i found it harder to 'conform' to the social expectations as I came home.
My hosts in the other city were not friendly and open and hence I developed an unnatural mechanism trying to shelter myself from the peer pressures and my own wants and likings... I started staying indoors most of the time. In course of time, I was labelled 'less social' or 'too busy' since I did not hang out with my friends much. I did not really get into yard long explanations then as I thought it would be like constant cribbing about my hosts.

And so, to satisfy my social needs; whenever I came home, I tried to meet all my friends as far as possible. Mainly because I know how important social contact is... 
But now my parents felt I hate staying at home! And they would poke me often to stay at home. 
So now, I sit within the empty walls; staring at my computer - which is again a botheration. They stay 'i stay glued'. In fact I do spend a lot of time with my computer these days, but it is not INSTEAD of spending time with them...
I just don't know how to make all the ends meet.

Is there any way beyond words to convey what really is the situation!?

It is practically hard to make someone understand if he has some fixed notions and set ideas.
And here, I really do not know how to seek a away out and confirm to myself- let alone the social conformity.

No comments:

Post a Comment