As I am trying to get back to my schedule and all; I am trying quite frantically to put things in place as soon as I can.
So I started sketching.
Yesterday, though a working day; was not quite satisfactory. Primarily because I could not have the kind of 'talk' I intended with a very close friend of mine.
On top of it, I felt very vulnerable when he pointed out that my sketches are 'cartoonish'; I generally do not take an offence to that, for I know my style IS like that. But what maybe upset me was the comparisons he put forth.
On a second thought, I know it was just a storm in the tea cup and I picked up my charcoal to carry on my cartoon styled sketches...
And I did feel really good.
As they say; real enjoyment fetches real art! :D
The last one is the oldest... 17 Aug 2011. But I feel, is very intense.
It was clearly the depiction of my mental state where I was perceiving as everything was on the verge of breaking... (you know; one has certain phases! :P)
The first one is my clearly my mind at peace... while I was enjoying the act of sketching... and the second is just a casual sketch with conked anatomy of face; a surprised cum bewildered look as i would look at my own changed self...
Sadly enough, none of these come closer to me in anatomical respects, but are very much akin to what I see of myself at times... :D
And to top it all up, I had a rejuvenating cup of coffee at the black and white table!
Things can show such a perfect range of colours when you want them to! :)
(pardon my photos...my mobile did the photo capturing instead of the camera... so they aren't as perfect as I would like them to be!)
So I started sketching.
Yesterday, though a working day; was not quite satisfactory. Primarily because I could not have the kind of 'talk' I intended with a very close friend of mine.
On top of it, I felt very vulnerable when he pointed out that my sketches are 'cartoonish'; I generally do not take an offence to that, for I know my style IS like that. But what maybe upset me was the comparisons he put forth.
On a second thought, I know it was just a storm in the tea cup and I picked up my charcoal to carry on my cartoon styled sketches...
And I did feel really good.
As they say; real enjoyment fetches real art! :D
The last one is the oldest... 17 Aug 2011. But I feel, is very intense.
It was clearly the depiction of my mental state where I was perceiving as everything was on the verge of breaking... (you know; one has certain phases! :P)
The first one is my clearly my mind at peace... while I was enjoying the act of sketching... and the second is just a casual sketch with conked anatomy of face; a surprised cum bewildered look as i would look at my own changed self...
Sadly enough, none of these come closer to me in anatomical respects, but are very much akin to what I see of myself at times... :D
And to top it all up, I had a rejuvenating cup of coffee at the black and white table!
Things can show such a perfect range of colours when you want them to! :)
(pardon my photos...my mobile did the photo capturing instead of the camera... so they aren't as perfect as I would like them to be!)




No comments:
Post a Comment