Saturday, February 12, 2011

The fitness regime!

And I slept again!
This has been happening for too long now. It has been a week or more; that I have planned to go for an early morning jog at the jogging track nearby. But all I do is shut my alarm and sleep again!
My sports shoes are lying ready near the door, my shorts and T-shirt nicely put on the highboy near my bed. Zero effort thing. I just have to get up, get in the shorts and T waiting for me, jump in the socks and shoes and go out running!
But no! All seems a pain in the chill of the morning… All I have is the laziness enveloping me.  I think to myself… ‘Chuck today, I will go tomorrow… tomorrow is a nice day!’  And I pull the cover high up till my chin, and sleep again!
Is this the lack of commitment to myself? I ask myself. Why am I not adhering to all what I decide for myself? Even when I know it is for my personal good! And the fitness regime is not the only thing. I procrastinate my leisure reading, my sketching, etc. also too much… In wait for the ‘nice time’ when I would be at peace and can enjoy these things. But little do I tell myself that these things ARE to bring me back to my peaceful and calm state of mind. I have to get the peace of mind by being with myself in these forms… after all, catering the needs of oneself is the highest form of self-help!
After I wake up, even more lazy and groggy; I see the ‘to-do’ list pinned on the felt board. That makes me even more sick! But then I understand, what the ‘laziness’ is doing to me… it is sucking all the fun out of me! I no longer  get to meet the dogs I met when I would go out for the jog, I no longer feel the freshness of the flowers in the garden as I water them, I no longer smile at the strangers when they see me sitting by the roadside and sketch… I no longer have happy conversations with the librarian and the bookstore lady… I have made my life too mechanical and academic!
I decide today. Firm… Not to have any lists more!
Just do what I feel like!... But no. that would not work. My laziness would be too heavy for me to carry on. So I finally decide… To go for the jog. NEXT morning!



2 comments: