Sunday, February 5, 2017

Two cities and us

As I got back to Calgary yesterday, I mused over the exploits in the past fifteen days.
Life has been giving bountiful to me... and I had exploited it all!
Well, there are not many regrets, just lessons to learn.

Pittsburgh was warm and welcoming. Ro and Taral made it even more pleasant. I felt heartened to see them and I squeezed them both in my hug; never wanting to let them go.
I was on the cusp of making bold decisions for my life, and I wanted them there.

The city of bridges seemed at home, strangely! It felt as if I belong there amid the Ohio river and Mt. Washington. Han held my hand and took me to the top of Mt. Washington to see the splendour of Pittsburgh lay bare in the shimmering night lights. The moon was full and shone radiantly, lightening up our spirits as we stood by the incline. I could feel words float with the breeze whispering in my ear,' this is so right!'...yes, it indeed was 'right.' It was right to fall again. It was right to give time. It was right to rise again.

The morning brought with it bright sun and some showers. Ro, Taral, Han and I were like colours of the rainbow and mirth knew no bounds. If I was gregarious, Han was subdued; when I would sing he would listen, when he spoke, I mused...

When I reluctantly boarded my return flight, my decision was made...
The city of bridges, yes; my new home!



A moment of rejoicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment