The new assignment is to 'fool' myself into enacting the life I would want to make for myself. It is indeed a happy one, might I add...
I do not want to stand to face 'the wind that shakes the barley' or be the dog who has the 'tail that wags the dog'. I would want to go with the flow, just enough to enjoy the swim, but not to flow with it into the sea.
The offer of admission to a University did turn a new page, and has presented a chance to tweak in the 'way of life' a bit. I started with that right from today, marking the auspicious 'Fools' day'.
This day has been quite important at our house since the time I recall. My dad used to mock by saying, "This day is the reason to celebrate the end of long nights at the office and days of over-caffinating"... Yes, the famous March-endings for the closure of the financial year! The perigee (or apogee?) in the life of every man and woman associated with the sector of finance. I would hardly see my father around this time of the year and thus this time would be 'getting on with life' phase amongst me and my dad.
This time, I am doing this with my boss!
I declared,"I have reached MY Target"... (by the way, he pronounces the last word in his typical way, taarjet, with an extra stress on the 'j'). "Now on, I work only to let the days go by! " And i happily walked home before half past three in the afternoon. The taarjet here was not to be impolite or lazy at work, but to reinstate that I want to leave, and that I have other things beyond the bonded labour.
I wanted to wake the supine artist in me. And I think, with the March ending, the dormant energies have done sleeping... It's time to rise and shine!
I do not want to stand to face 'the wind that shakes the barley' or be the dog who has the 'tail that wags the dog'. I would want to go with the flow, just enough to enjoy the swim, but not to flow with it into the sea.
The offer of admission to a University did turn a new page, and has presented a chance to tweak in the 'way of life' a bit. I started with that right from today, marking the auspicious 'Fools' day'.
This day has been quite important at our house since the time I recall. My dad used to mock by saying, "This day is the reason to celebrate the end of long nights at the office and days of over-caffinating"... Yes, the famous March-endings for the closure of the financial year! The perigee (or apogee?) in the life of every man and woman associated with the sector of finance. I would hardly see my father around this time of the year and thus this time would be 'getting on with life' phase amongst me and my dad.
This time, I am doing this with my boss!
I declared,"I have reached MY Target"... (by the way, he pronounces the last word in his typical way, taarjet, with an extra stress on the 'j'). "Now on, I work only to let the days go by! " And i happily walked home before half past three in the afternoon. The taarjet here was not to be impolite or lazy at work, but to reinstate that I want to leave, and that I have other things beyond the bonded labour.
I wanted to wake the supine artist in me. And I think, with the March ending, the dormant energies have done sleeping... It's time to rise and shine!
![]() | |
| A woman makes herself! ;) |

No comments:
Post a Comment