Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Being productive...

We were discussing the other day... What is it to be creative?

We were spinning the same old wheel that many people already have and reached nowhere, or somewhere... 
David and I think we become 'unproductive' when we are with each other. We just talk, sing, watch random things on the computer, look at each other (oh, that occupies a major part), make attempts at planning a day tour to a historical place; but end up sitting in a place with rain thrashing the window panes. 

Company should be such that it makes you bloom. Not just lifts your mood. 
I agree, that people who hardly know each other can also be 'company'; but cannot exactly arrive at what I am trying to get at. But when you have a group of friends who form a chunk of the time you spend in a day; I am of an opinion that it should be 'worthwhile'. 
Now as i use the word 'worthwhile'; various problems spring up. It is subjective!
Paper planes is a 'worthwhile' pass time for me; but for others it might not be- or might just be silly.

So when David and I talk about being 'unproductive'; I think it falls somewhere within the domain of intellectual nourishment. 
He says I make him think, I make him question his beliefs- sometimes making him uncomfortable. This stimulation is needed- ah, rather, necessary.

Whenever I speak to Kaddy, he makes me reason every word I say. He makes me rethink every basis on which I rest my arguments- and often beliefs. What this does is, does not let you remain a hollow shell. 
Well, now I would not narrow down being productive as merely questing your beliefs. 
What we need to do is something more than 'this'. 
What we think; must be acted upon. It may be through writing, publishing in print media, etc. I think 'expression' is the key to unlocking your potential. 
What David and I need to do is spend some more time together; discuss our common experiences and not flinch from 'expressing'. 
We need to start with accepting criticism in the same spirit as compliments. 
We need to write, share, read and experience more. 
Individually as well as together. 
When these would form a part of combined experiences; all would be worthwhile and tread towards productivity. 

Afterall; sharing is caring.
And thats what makes us who we are. Productive beings! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment