Ah the rain!
It is so rewarding to feel the drops
falling on your face gently as if they mean to just touch and make
you feel their presence... The grey clouds suddenly seem so dear that
the dullness they get with them at times feels to be alien. The green
trees swaying with the fresh drops makes the heart dance too.
There is indeed a great rewarding
feeling of rejoicing after toiling.
A long day has just passed by...
I did not feel the time passing as I
immersed myself in the huge library; where great scholars of their
time had once studied. It was a nice feeling to see great names like
H.D. Sankalia, M.K.Dhavalikar and others in the readers' list of the
particular book. I felt great pride as I learnt I was reading the
same book they had read 30 years ago!
The library is nice and big, with so
many books to read and get lost in...
I picked up a book on Rain.
The book talked about the 'History' of
rain. Like how in pre-historic times we know that the rain affected
the early man's settlement, and things like that. The geological
records expose the layer of alluvium and the change in settlement
patters is revealed by Archaeological study.
I found all this so wonderful, that I
was amazed how many things havent really changed over millions of
years... The rain is still the same. Yes, it varies, falls less or
more; clogs streets at times and moistens eyes at times. But it is
still 'rain'. Still the skies cry and drench us too. We have
umbrellas and rain coats to shelter ourselves; like the pre-historic
and historic men had trees, caves, stone and wood structures
respectively.
Even today, when we walk barefeet on
the wet soil, we see the footprints. The pre-historic man too has
left behind the footprints(on moistened volcanic ash) so similar to
that of ours.
The rain is still indiscriminating and
continues to fall to appease all. And I stand still...thinking.
Taking the drops on me after the day's toil.

No comments:
Post a Comment