Thursday, June 28, 2012

A new inmate

It isn't unusual to have all kinds of animals and birds around my house every time of the year. Unfortunately, i have managed to have only one 'legal' pet. My dog, Osiris. However, apart from him, I do have some visiting cats (!), a tiny lizard I named 'Shubhra'; a falcon, a sparrow, a kingfisher, a pigeon... And now, I have another inmate which I have decided to follow rather seriously than others...


Maybe because now I can stand up for the animals and birds which cozy themselves at our place' and firmly say "No" to the nest removing or 'shoo'ing actions of other human inmates.


The new friend is a Robin.
The common Indian Robin. With a family! 


It so happened, that I had sent my bike for servicing. And it stood there for about a month, hosting a bird's nest. After the tiny tots flew away, I had my bike brought to my home; and only after a few days, I realized that the bike is now home to another bird family; the Robins! 


I am keeping a close watch on how the eggs would develop, etc... 
Right now, the tiny little nest has four spotted robin eggs and a cute female Robin cuddled in the nest to keep them warm. It has been three days now. Maybe they will hatch soon!
***


As I was looking up the internet to know more about the Robins, I was shocked to see a battery of blogs full of Robins' information, experiences, pictures...etc.
I don't really want to make my posts look xerox copies of those; but I still cannot avoid the temptation of recording and posting every minute development of my new inmates!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thats so nice.... I know how it feels.. i've had the experience too... twice with Indian Robins...

    ReplyDelete