Past month has been full of numerous things...
The country witnessed a 'mass movement'; while other as important issues were sidetracked, there was a considerable shift in my course of life as many events leading to thus happened...
This day off however, helped me get back to me.
I was too lost in the world of activities, words and wisdom. but now I realize, a bit of madness is necessary.
Atleast for me to keep going.
The madness of doing things which we all 'sane' people restrict ourselves from doing.
At times I feel, why is man the ONLY 'rational' animal...or so people say?! (In Russell's own words) Isn't a bit of madness but a part of us all? I purposely avoided the term 'irrational' here... I don't want to sound too extreme, but want to put forth the subtle need to be a bit less mechanical.
Now when I say 'mechanical', many of you might retort asking: Is being rational mechanical? The answer is YES; as well as NO!
I feel, everything we see, do, think; needs to be weighed in the way it deserves.We hardly can apply same criteria or same way of going about for two different things.And this goes for rationality as well!
Suppose, I feel like plodding in the mud as I walk to my college. Is that 'rational'? NO for most of the people. And the lame thing would be because it spoils the clothes and maybe wastes your bit of time... But is it comparable to the bliss you get for doing the thing you so wanted at that very moment?
I am aware, that this was a lame illustration; but I do not wish to go down to more core things as of now.
All I wish to put here is what i feel is being what we really are.
A little irrational, a bit silly, but overall likable bunch of fools.
Ofcourse, I do not mean we do not take stuff seriously.It is just that, give yourself the childlike joys which the inner self craves. It needs to be pampered at times. For a refreshing tomorrow.
The country witnessed a 'mass movement'; while other as important issues were sidetracked, there was a considerable shift in my course of life as many events leading to thus happened...
This day off however, helped me get back to me.
I was too lost in the world of activities, words and wisdom. but now I realize, a bit of madness is necessary.
Atleast for me to keep going.
The madness of doing things which we all 'sane' people restrict ourselves from doing.
At times I feel, why is man the ONLY 'rational' animal...or so people say?! (In Russell's own words) Isn't a bit of madness but a part of us all? I purposely avoided the term 'irrational' here... I don't want to sound too extreme, but want to put forth the subtle need to be a bit less mechanical.
Now when I say 'mechanical', many of you might retort asking: Is being rational mechanical? The answer is YES; as well as NO!
I feel, everything we see, do, think; needs to be weighed in the way it deserves.We hardly can apply same criteria or same way of going about for two different things.And this goes for rationality as well!
Suppose, I feel like plodding in the mud as I walk to my college. Is that 'rational'? NO for most of the people. And the lame thing would be because it spoils the clothes and maybe wastes your bit of time... But is it comparable to the bliss you get for doing the thing you so wanted at that very moment?
I am aware, that this was a lame illustration; but I do not wish to go down to more core things as of now.
All I wish to put here is what i feel is being what we really are.
A little irrational, a bit silly, but overall likable bunch of fools.
Ofcourse, I do not mean we do not take stuff seriously.It is just that, give yourself the childlike joys which the inner self craves. It needs to be pampered at times. For a refreshing tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment