"Ok."
The line is cut.
We know that the conversation is yet not complete as we wanted it to be. There is still to talk more. But maybe not on the phone.
"I think that's it. No more on this."
And we part.
A feeling ringing in mind that 'this was NOT it!'... But after such heated conversation, nobody takes the first step to reopen that particular issue again. Or rather, if that was not an 'issue'; each expects the other to treat it in the lght manner... in the light of it being a 'thing' or just another 'incident'.
Such unfinished, abrupt pieces of conversation.
They take me into a state of annoyance. Frustration.
The most irritating thing is when you don't get an answer when you ask,'Why?'. Or you get a dry reply,'Because I say so.'
And with people you love to talk and interact with, the unfinished conversations remain like a pinch pricking over a considerable period of time.
For the telephonic conversations, call drops, network failure and all those material fall outs intrude the smooth channel of setting up of a 'dailogue' or conversation and proves to be a great hinderance. And when people talk face-to-face, their unwillingness to take the dailogue to its conclusion is what pricks.
I had a transitory phase of sulking when I could not talk with my friend who was bound abroad and I knew I would not be able to meet him for days together. We tried having a talk... but the service provider for the mobile companies did not let us have the pleasure of virtual see-off. After some moths however, I got a chance to talk and then I felt relieved.
These unfinished conversations also often had put me in difficult situations. I badly wanted to go somewhere with my friends. On asking for permission, my guardian wore a pokerface and said," I would like you to help me with something. The 'issue' of your going out with friends is discussed from my side." I was in a soup! I guaged, it was a 'NO'; but how can the 'issue' of my going out be discussed by his liking me to help him? This is more like confused conversation than unfinished. Wherein one asks the question, and other responds with something totally out of the context.
There is a thing however, which I think we all must work on (including me ofcourse); is NOT jumping to certain conclusion based on the truncated conversations. I myself used to do taht a lot. Maybe because I expected an instant reply for my question... specially when that concerned me. So when I would ask, "May I do something?" or "May I go to her place?" ... and when my dad would respond,"Look I am busy... We would talk when I get home..." And I used to pout, thinking that it would turn out to be a 'NO'.
Now I have ofcourse grown out of it; but I just wanted to point out this simple thing which makes a huge difference in the perception for the person as well.
This thing seems small, but makes a big difference. When happened repeatedly or with the people whoa re near and dear to you. After all, our whole state of affairs is but made up of these tiny pieces which fit like a jigsaw and project what we are!
:)
The line is cut.
We know that the conversation is yet not complete as we wanted it to be. There is still to talk more. But maybe not on the phone.
"I think that's it. No more on this."
And we part.
A feeling ringing in mind that 'this was NOT it!'... But after such heated conversation, nobody takes the first step to reopen that particular issue again. Or rather, if that was not an 'issue'; each expects the other to treat it in the lght manner... in the light of it being a 'thing' or just another 'incident'.
Such unfinished, abrupt pieces of conversation.
They take me into a state of annoyance. Frustration.
The most irritating thing is when you don't get an answer when you ask,'Why?'. Or you get a dry reply,'Because I say so.'
And with people you love to talk and interact with, the unfinished conversations remain like a pinch pricking over a considerable period of time.
For the telephonic conversations, call drops, network failure and all those material fall outs intrude the smooth channel of setting up of a 'dailogue' or conversation and proves to be a great hinderance. And when people talk face-to-face, their unwillingness to take the dailogue to its conclusion is what pricks.
I had a transitory phase of sulking when I could not talk with my friend who was bound abroad and I knew I would not be able to meet him for days together. We tried having a talk... but the service provider for the mobile companies did not let us have the pleasure of virtual see-off. After some moths however, I got a chance to talk and then I felt relieved.
These unfinished conversations also often had put me in difficult situations. I badly wanted to go somewhere with my friends. On asking for permission, my guardian wore a pokerface and said," I would like you to help me with something. The 'issue' of your going out with friends is discussed from my side." I was in a soup! I guaged, it was a 'NO'; but how can the 'issue' of my going out be discussed by his liking me to help him? This is more like confused conversation than unfinished. Wherein one asks the question, and other responds with something totally out of the context.
There is a thing however, which I think we all must work on (including me ofcourse); is NOT jumping to certain conclusion based on the truncated conversations. I myself used to do taht a lot. Maybe because I expected an instant reply for my question... specially when that concerned me. So when I would ask, "May I do something?" or "May I go to her place?" ... and when my dad would respond,"Look I am busy... We would talk when I get home..." And I used to pout, thinking that it would turn out to be a 'NO'.
Now I have ofcourse grown out of it; but I just wanted to point out this simple thing which makes a huge difference in the perception for the person as well.
This thing seems small, but makes a big difference. When happened repeatedly or with the people whoa re near and dear to you. After all, our whole state of affairs is but made up of these tiny pieces which fit like a jigsaw and project what we are!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment