Frequent pangs of uneasiness, frustration and melancholy finally yeilded something worth trying.
A new exersice for myself.
I decided to pen down all what I hate and all what i love, so as i can closely study both. And after minute studying, can eliminate the 'I hate' list one by one and enhance the 'I love' items.
The exercise shedule started!
Here's my very first attempt at the 'I hate' list:
1. Unfinished conversations
2. Assumptions
3. Picking and dropping people ,ignoring my priorities
4. People prying on me
5. People disturbing my wardrobe and my desk
6. The question "Why do you need it?"
7. The response "NO" ( I may come out to be very demanding, but I try not to be unreasonable. :) And make ONLY reasonable demands)
8. Disturbance while I want time of my own... like when I paint, or read, or just lie on my bed looking at the ceiling
9. Deadlines (though my task is bettered under stress)
10. Not getting enough time for myself and MY people (I know, it is something to be achieved)
As I listed these 10 items, I realised that I CAN make things better with 'little' effort!
The beginning has to be sought, though.
And then came in my 'I love' list...
It was full of things I like to do, I like to see, I like to spend time with/in... and so on. I was delighted to see the scribble list reaching a whooping number of over 90 odd items in just one seating!
I figured out, as I mostly do at the end of it all, that afterall, my life isn't that bad!
:)
However, i would like to discuss the things in detail... Stay tuned! For my updates on my brand new exercise! :)
A new exersice for myself.
I decided to pen down all what I hate and all what i love, so as i can closely study both. And after minute studying, can eliminate the 'I hate' list one by one and enhance the 'I love' items.
The exercise shedule started!
Here's my very first attempt at the 'I hate' list:
1. Unfinished conversations
2. Assumptions
3. Picking and dropping people ,ignoring my priorities
4. People prying on me
5. People disturbing my wardrobe and my desk
6. The question "Why do you need it?"
7. The response "NO" ( I may come out to be very demanding, but I try not to be unreasonable. :) And make ONLY reasonable demands)
8. Disturbance while I want time of my own... like when I paint, or read, or just lie on my bed looking at the ceiling
9. Deadlines (though my task is bettered under stress)
10. Not getting enough time for myself and MY people (I know, it is something to be achieved)
As I listed these 10 items, I realised that I CAN make things better with 'little' effort!
The beginning has to be sought, though.
And then came in my 'I love' list...
It was full of things I like to do, I like to see, I like to spend time with/in... and so on. I was delighted to see the scribble list reaching a whooping number of over 90 odd items in just one seating!
I figured out, as I mostly do at the end of it all, that afterall, my life isn't that bad!
:)
However, i would like to discuss the things in detail... Stay tuned! For my updates on my brand new exercise! :)
Hi!!!!
ReplyDeleteI read your post and i'm thinking on this: why people like to write lists?
What is so fascinating about lists? I like to make lists as well, most of all, lists about absurd things.
I think Unberto Eco wrote a book about this topic.
Kisses for you!
Hola!
ReplyDeleteI think sometimes on the very thing you pointed out... making lists!
I was at a point where I had kind of decided NOT to make lists, etc as I hardly follow those.
But then see, I am back to those and this time they are helping me.
May be it is just a way or arranging and sheduling things in mind!?
I would like to hear more from you!
Indian kisses for you...
Take care.
Hi!!!!!
ReplyDeleteActually I have too many questions right now, and some are written down.
Do you really think that listing things out really helps someone???? and in what sense????? everybody makes a list but can you really follow those in order to change them positively????
I mean we are too much conscious about what will others thing if i do this and if i do that, how can a person change??????
Waiting for the reply
Take care.
Hi Anonymous...
ReplyDeleteI can connect to your questions well... as even I at times think on these lines.
And as per my experience, 'listing' helps. It makes me organize better. Also, the listed format helps me to view things at a glance. May it be my to-do list or my strengths. I have a page in my dairy which has my strengths listed and when I am low and at times when blues besiege me, I review it. It gives me momentary solace. after all, as I said; we do need assurances at times.
About making lists and following them for the positive change, it is very subjective. We have to train the mind accordingly. And by 'training' I do not wish to imply 'force' or 'coaxing'.
And about your last question, thinking about people thinking of your actions is something which we slowly have to learn to unlearn. even I used to think a lot and worry myself about 'what would so and so think if i do this'. But if you keep thinking on these lines, all you do is narrow your radius of activity and thinking. Live freely and do what feels good. Ofcourse, I would want you to reason and weigh all the vices before acting as you wish.
Trust me, it is a liberation movement worth enjoying and celebrating! ^^
Waiting for more questions and discussions. I hope I have satisfactorily quenched your thirst for the answers this time.
If not, do let me know that as well.
Take care.
Keep reading, keep thinking! :)
thank you devil for the wonderful explanation, specially the last part.
ReplyDeletebut i am sure that even if i try to go out the way i want, their will be someone inside me who will always ask me "are you hurting someone??? Is your action troubling others??"
i am not expecting a answer for this one as their is no answer to give you have already covered this part in the previous reply.
thank you again
and continue the good work of writing they make us too an active person.
Anonymous...
ReplyDeleteWhat you say is true. We tend to become very sensitive for the world, specially for people we love, and we cannot come to some immediate answers and conducts overnight.
But I hope you would soon be able to come out of the shell of the authoritative dominant voice troubling you.
Good luck.
Take care.