Saturday, November 20, 2010

Puppet on a string...

"Won't you do that for me? Please! Please!..."... "I thought you are not like others. Atleast you should do this for me..."...Blah blah blah...

Running from one end to the other, making both the ends meet... a difficult task in itself. Some unending demands, some vows, some things swore to secrecy, some unrealistic assumptions... taking people for granted. Always.
The people screaming inside and outside make simple lives a complex tangled mass of schemes and ideas, garnished with ideals. 
The outside noise can be easily shut by locking yourself in your room which generally gives the required 'solace'; but the noises inside?! They are determined to tear your peace piece by piece and throw yourself in a position wherein you cannot run, cry or just avoid!


I'm here since a month. And the only entertainment which I receive the whole day is an unending and uninterrupted bombarding of the orders, expectations and the ideal 'to-do's'. It is clearly being like a heartless and a priority less lump of flesh and blood here for the service of the others.
Being on a vacation has for the first time meant just FRUSTRATION!
All the plans I had are already down the drains. The feeling of meeting old friends and catching up with 'whos-doing-what' has long dried. The mere thought of going and rediscovering the treasures of my city make me feel ill. The constant stand of the "NO" in my every walk of life has made things difficult. Not just for me, but for people around me as well.
The worst part is, I cannot fix meetings and appointments for myself. Because last moment non-approval can erupt in spite of prior intimation. Whoa! What a state of affairs!
   And the thanklessness for anything and everything you do… Nobody sees you helping the grandparents, washing and cleaning the utensils, cleaning the leftovers, doing the banking, grabbing the electrician and getting long pending things done… All they see you doing is watching the idiot box and staying out of the house for hours together!
Nobody even realizes the programs and schedules you shift and manage as per their convenience. All they point out is you have been out for so and so many hours…
And the worst part is tagging along with the not-so-interesting people to some places I am least interested in!
Hello! I’m here to relax from my usual schedule. And in my own way… not to be instructed or speculated every damned time!

Vacations have come for the worst. Genuinely.
People see me as busy, doing things, etc. But the harsh reality is, I’m doing nothing except playing a ‘puppet’.

I want to leave soon. Real soon.
I no longer wish to let me be trapped as this. Doing nothing. Not even earning atleast the dignity everyone must gain primarily.

The inside then is havoc.
Not letting you be at ease.
Just telling you again and again… “you are the puppet on the string, makin’ you tumble and swing…”




1 comment:

  1. awww...poor girl... sorry for being such a jerk at times...!!!!

    ReplyDelete