13th
A sunny day. I toured the real India today. The virtuous and also the wicked. Real India if to be seen, one must hunt along the river banks, villages, remote hills, jungles... and not in the skyscrapers and limousines.
Our day brightened up with Onkareshwar's 'darshan'... It wasn't a very pleasurable experience altogether. I saw today the 'material' face of devoted India. Pandits draped in orange garments made 'darshan' and 'abhisheik' a money making process altogether. It is a huge racket of the pandits and the guides- looting the innocent devotees!
My rage and annoyance was mounting; but with a gentle ripple of Narmadaji's water on my tired feet, all my annoyance drained in the coolness. The boat trip from Onkareshwar to Amleshwar was indeed memorable. It was my first ever confrontation with Narmadaji. Till date, I had just read and heard about her bountiness. eh... had seen her in pictures and movies at the most!
I lavished myself on the cold stone structure in the temple of Amleshwar. The 'darshan' was also comfortable and I had sufficient time to see the lord with peace overflowing in my tiny heart.
I did not talk to Amleshwaranything today as I usually dowhen I visit any place... may it be empty forts, mseums, churches, temples, gurudwaras...
I just enjoyed lord's peaceful repose and for seconds together enjoyed the cool shade all over me.
Then began the great search.
Road from Amleshwar temple to our accomodation was winding and confusing; moreover, we did not know the way!
Finally, taking aid from the locals every minute, we reached a place near our accomodation ; fully tired and weary due to the sun spending all its brutal rays directing to us.
A gentleman gave us a lift to the 'Yatri Niwas' and we heaved a sigh of relief. Ha! Now ready to sleep... for a fresh tomorrow!
Always a pleasure to read you. You used to have a poem by Tagore. Many years ago i read a lot from him. He was translate to spanish by one of the greatest spanish poets of the XX century: Juan Ramón Jiménez, so it is very interesting the mixture of two poets who were alike (in my opinion they were alike).
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind comments in my blog.
Keep traveling
Thank you so very much!
ReplyDeletehey great blog and a very interesting account of your experience. am gonna be travelling soon so hope to visit this place
ReplyDeleteHey just stumbled across your blog and was mighty impressed, i really appreciate your writing style and I am looking to feature good writers on my blog,If you are curious maybe drop in sometome http://www.wittyjester.com/p/want-to-be-featured.html
ReplyDelete