The cool water drops were falling all over me.
All I could see through my wet eyes were the streaks of my jet-black hair dangling in front. All wet. At a distance, I could see the pearl white bathroom tiles covered with moistened air...
I positioned myself under the cool gusts of water sprouts and let the sorrow drain.
My mind's eye took me back again and again to the place where I loved to dwell once.
My dad had given me a brand new sleek black i-phone.
I guess it was more like a barter.
Eliminating a black angel - my little pet dog- from our frontyard and then trying to reward me with a black lifeless and so inanimate thing... was this not a barter?
One black speckle on the horizon of my life blurred. But in no way can anybody ever replace it. Never.
These thoughts, mixed with droplets of anguish and disgust trickled down my face..now all red with my warm tears.
An i-phone indeed cannot make up for the loss of someone so near and dear.
The cool water was still coming down and my thoughts, my nostalgia still was oozing out...
All indeed was endless. Those moments lingered for a while. That 'while ' was indeed a large one. Never to end and never to be erased.

No comments:
Post a Comment