I walked home. Alone this time.
Was feeling both; free as well as trapped in this new city. I felt the excitement die slowly and the day seemed banal.
There were colors in the sky, and birds on the branches. People walking past me and vehicles making the familiar grunts and swoops. But there was something quite different in the evening. The aloneness.
It had been a week and a little more since i moved here, i thought to myself. But i had no time to stand and stare where i had brought myself. I had been cribbing about the heat, the awful schedule, the dingy place to live, oily food and no parking spaces... But has not noticed what the place was offering me.
The new city was slowly opening its treasures for me to see. The red sun setting behind the concrete jungle horizon, although disappointing; would bring with it a trove of things to be excited about! The city was sprawling with at in its every nook. There were people like me sitting by the park and painting... Some photographing the mundane yet picturesque college campus... While some just say by the tree abs doodled.
I saw myself in each one of them. I remembered kaddy. He had fanned the inner sparks of creativity in me, to make the flanges of my achievement and identity. The joy of stroking the lawn beneath my feet as i walked, was greater when i thought of him and what the city was doing for me. "They are all signals", i told myself.
And here i sit, with s paper and a brush -finally- to see what in me is stirred by the city...
Thursday, November 20, 2014
The new city
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment